quinta-feira, 17 de junho de 2010

DEFYING GRAVITY...


"Something has changed within me

Something is not the same

I'm through with playing by

The rules of someone else's game

Too late for second-guessing

Too late to go back to sleep

It's time to trust my instincts

Close my eyes: and leap!


It's time to try defying gravity

I think I'll try defying gravity

And you can't pull me down!


I'm through accepting limits

'Cuz someone says they're so

Some things I cannot change

But till I try, I'll never know!

Too long I've been afraid

Of losing love, I guess I've lost

Well, if that's love it comes

At much too high a cost!


I'd sooner buy defying gravity

Kiss me goodbye... I'm defying gravity

And you can't pull me down


(...)


Unlimited... together we're unlimited

Together we'll be the greatest team

There's ever been...


Dreams, the way we planned 'em

If we work in tandem

There's no fight we cannot win


Just you and I... defying gravity...

With you and I defying gravity...

They'll never bring us down!


I hope you're happy

Now that you're choosing this

I hope it brings you bliss

I really hope you get it

And you don't live to regret it


I hope you're happy in the end...

I hope you're happy, my friend.


So if you care to find me

Look to the western sky!

As someone told me lately:

"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"

And if I'm flying solo

At least I'm flying free

To those who'd ground me,

Take a message back from me:


Tell them how I'm defying gravity...

I'm flying high defying gravity..."



Estava trabalhando no computador e pensando em coisas que escreveria em outro post (e ainda escreverei, na verdade), quando o ITunes resolveu mandar essa música pra mim assim, do nada, por conta própria no "shuffle mode on"... imediatamente lembrei de uma coisa que minha mãe sempre me falou: "Pituxa, eu criei você pra que você aprendesse a voar... agora vai!"


Mãe... hoje, mais do que nunca, eu entendo o que você quer dizer com essa frase e preciso te agradecer: muito obrigada!!! Te amo!!!


*********************

ps: Minha mãe já me chamava de "Pituxa" muito antes da Xuxa ter suas paquitas, ok?

ps2: "Defying Gravity' faz parte do musical "Wicked".

2 comentários:

Unknown disse...

Ohhh, minha Pituxa! vc está voando!!!! é bom, né?
Queria poder te ensinar a pousar sem machucar. Mas isso, nem eu aprendi ainda... vai tentando!
Te amuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

*Renata Celidonio* disse...

Mamy... voar é uma delícia!!!
Sobre pousar... bom, a idéia é essa: aprender, sem medo!!!

E quando estamos inteiras... ahhhh... " vou te contar um segredo: nada de mal nos alcança..." ;)

Bjsssss com todo amor do mundo!